Re: Liquitex

From: HNMM CLEARY ^lt;HNMM@hcleary.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: 04/15/04-07:07:47 AM Z

 I do use black as the first coat.I tend to regard black as a drawing colour
witch gives you the drawing line of the print. The colours are tone and
shading. I have tried various acrylic paints and the ones I recommended do
work. I have also used Liquitex basic and they have worked. Perhaps
different manufacturers use different additives which do not mix so well
with the basic egg and dichromate solution. I am not sure about
lightfastness values but the colours must be transparent or at least
semi-transparent . A sheet of yellow paper put on top of a sheet of cyan
paper are still sheets of yellow and cyan. A sheet of yellow transparent
piece of OHP film overlapping a sheet of cyan OHP film produces yellow,
cyan and green.. Please forgive me if you know all this basic stuff. Try
some experimenting because you may be able to get some good results from
colours in areas where I have failed.. It is a bit difficult at the
begingnning. Keep in touch. Hellena ---- Original Message -----