RE: "printmaking"

From: Taylor, Jane ^lt;taylor74@marshall.edu>
Date: 04/15/04-12:44:13 PM Z

Lisa,

My work also falls in between, but my background is in printmaking. I have always used combined techniques and processes such as Xerox transfer, photo lith/etching and recently digital (archival) combined with cyanotype and van dyke I use these with traditional printmaking techniques such as collograph, montoype and etching. Most are not duplicates, but monoprints. I often call them "mixed media monoprints".

I have submitted work for both printmaking and photo shows and it has not been an issue so far. I guess it always depends on the judges when it comes to shows. Some are purists, others prefer experimentation and mixed media, as I do. The definition of printmaking is constantly being redefined and many alt processes overlap with printmaking.

Jane.