Re: Am I doing something wrong with this 8x10 development?

From: Eric Nelson ^lt;emanmb@yahoo.com>
Date: 04/17/04-11:26:13 PM Z

This probably has nothing to do w/your developer but
w/your fixing.
T-max needs good fresh fixer so if your fix isn't film
dilution strength, or if you fixed for less than might
be optimum, you'll get that tinge.
So you could check on all of the above plus extending
hypo clearing time and a good wash and the
reddish/purplish tinge will be gone. Kodak says
there's no problem from that SLIGHT tinge, but if the
image is a little cloudy then you've really
under-fixed. I always go 5 mins in Kodak Rapid fixer.
Also, T-max exhausts fixer much more rapidly than
non-t-grain films so a gallon of rapid fixer will do
only 60 rolls of T-max as compared to 120 rolls of
non-t-grain film.
eric
http://www.eman-photo.com/