Re: Print Quality

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 04/18/04-12:09:38 PM Z

Hi Darryl,

I would also humbly suggest (in spite of Cone Editions suggestion) that
though Hannemuhle Photo Rag does make a beautiful print, it is extremely expensive,
it flakes badly, it scratches/scuffs badly. I was very disappointed with
it. I'd be happy to sell you the unused 24 x 30 sheets I have left.

There are hundreds of papers one can try. Three of my favorites are Arches
Infinity, Epson Velvet Fine Art Paper, and Somerset Velvet for Epson. The
UltraSmooth FIne Art paper by Epson has had some problems. I have used Smooth
Fine Art by Epson and liked that also.

The 4000 is a nice printer. Have fun with it! Maybe after they see the
work you and the students do with it, they'll give you a raise after all.

Mark Nelson
Precision Digital Negatives