RE: Ultrafine Clear Film

From: Don Bryant ^lt;dstevenbryant@mindspring.com>
Date: 04/22/04-06:53:14 PM Z

Jack,

Here is a repost of an e-mail I sent to the list on March 7th in response to
your previous inquiry. Perhaps Kerik can add to this based on his personal
experience.

-----------------%<--------------------------------------------------------
Jack,

Since no one has replied to you about Keith's method of colorization here
are the values he gave at APIS.

C=0
M=45
Y=100
B=51

Keith can be contacted at:

mailto:keith@jkschreiber.com

You can view his web site at:

http://jkschreiber.com/.

In a nut shell here are the steps he out lined.

Edit, size and sharpen in Photo Shop

Convert to indexed color (you may have to convert to 8 bit mode first)
Apply Color Table - Image->Mode->Color Table
Click and drag from top left to bottom right to open color picker

Set the color values listed above

Print driver settings

Media Type - Photo Glossy Film
Ink - Color
Max - DPI

Micro weave - grayed out
High Speed - grayed out
Flip Horizontal
Edge Smoothing - No
No Color Management
Source Space - Untagged RGB
Print Space - Untagged RGB

If my notes are correct Keith said he uses Photo Warehouse transparency film

Basic sensitizer ratio: 1ml FO; 1 ml Palladium; 1 drop 2.5% Na2

The negatives produced are strongly reminiscent of PMK pyro stained film but
will probably print in about 5 minutes.

-----------------%<--------------------------------------------------------

I think it is also good idea to remind everyone that the primary topic in
this discussion of inkjet printers, inks, and substrates is the production
of digital inkjet negatives produced for making alternative process prints
using a UV light source. Facts and anecdotes about producing inkjet prints
are probably interesting and useful but the rules for making inkjet prints
do not always translate to producing negatives of alt. process printing. In
short, folks that are discussing the science of inkjet printing and not
actively producing alternative process prints with inkjet negatives might as
well be whistling Dixie.

Don Bryant