Ass-tasticy; was Streaks in Scan!

From: PhotoGecko Austin ^lt;gecko@photogecko.com>
Date: 04/27/04-10:59:22 PM Z

Sandy,

I'm delighted to edify you, O Sage, on this one--having broad, as it
were, experience with ass-tasticy.

Simply put, Ass-tasticy is the seldom-documented, and less understood,
tendency of flatbed CCD and CMOS scanning devices to track unevenly
along the vertical axis when one sits upon the device while scanning.

Several theories have come to light regarding this phenomenon (exg.:
that the volume-to-weight-to-Inverse Square ratio of the
positive/negative image -- or SmAss'd, as some have coined it ((see
Eusebius, XXXLL.iii))-- subverts the random distribution of
particle-wave impulses in the cold light generation of non-curvature
sources/receptors), none of which have, sorry to say, found much merit
in practice.

Differently put, Ass-tasticy (although unproven and largely ignored) is
a force to be reckoned with.

Delighted to be of service,
John
John Campbell