Re: digital question #3

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 08/01/04-09:38:56 AM Z

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004, steves wrote:

> One more time: What are the merits of 5mpx versus 3 mpx.
>
> All we want is to photograph art work for web submissions and to make prints
> for a folder.
>
> The cost is significant, or insignificent if the difference is . . .
> significant or insignificant. :)

Steve, you don't say what the difference in cost is, but your question
reminds me of my son's comment sometime around 1990 when I had to replace
an external hard drive for my old Mac Plus and complained that it was
nearly impossible to find a 20 megabyte -- almost everything usable was
now 40 megabytes !!!

He said he had never yet heard anyone complain that their computer had too
much power or too much memory.

So I'd say if the cameras weigh the same and work the same and the
difference in price is reasonable, give yourself the wiggle room.

Judy