Re: digital question #2

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 08/01/04-10:39:58 AM Z

Judy,

I resisted switching over to Mac OS 10 for a very long time. In fact,
I installed it once about three years ago and felt a little lost with
the navigation features and went back to System 9.2. However, I
finally made a full switch about a year ago and am now very glad I
did. And even though it is true that certain devices and software
will not work with OS 10 you always have ghe option of working in
Classic operating system, which comes as OS 9.2.2 with OS 10.

On the whole my opinion now is that OS 10 (I am currently running
10.2.8) offers quite a number of enhancement features that make my
Mac G-4 an easier machine to work with. This is especially true in
the area of driver installation, network use, and ease with which
updates to software are can be obtained and installed.

I do still miss certain features about OS 9 however, especially the
ease of navigation which for me is still more complicated with OS 10.

Sandy