RE: liquid pigments for gum printing?

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 08/01/04-10:40:16 AM Z

On Sun, 1 Aug 2004, Keith Gerling wrote:

> I've used Createx and Mixol pigments with success. Most inks tend to stain.
> Depending upon the size, Sumi ink works pretty good. You might want to
> check on the archival status of these things. I have my doubts about
> Createx. Also, I read here (Judy, I think) that the Dr. Martin liquid isn't
> too good along those lines.

When I tried Createx for gum it didn't work -- it seemed to have a
dispersal agent added so it stained badly.... Howwever it did work for
carbon. Keith says it worked for him, so either his process or the product
is different.

Dr. Martin's dyes were notorious faders -- used for making comps in
commercial studios where required life was maybe 2 months. They may have
improved them, but dyes do fade... Dr. Martin's watercolors were by my
tests (maybe 4 years ago) just as worse if not moreso.

Judy