Re: 8x10 camera

From: Adam. Waterson ^lt;artistboi@speakeasy.net>
Date: 08/02/04-10:59:46 AM Z

This is what the guy originally wrote describing the camera and the
lens... Is 700 too much?

The 8x10 view camera is a Burke and James - not sure what the model
number or type is. It has a 30-inch bellows draw, a re-positionable
back (horizontal and vertical), and features full movements front and
back - shift, tilt, swing, rise, and fall. It has the removable
extension rail for the full 30-inch bellows draw. It also comes with a
5x7 reduction back. I'm also including nine 8x10 film holders and two
packs of 8x10 film - 23 sheets of Kodak Ektachrome 64T (tungsten), and
23 sheets of Ilford Delta 100.

The camera is complete and restored. I stripped all the old gray
factory finish paint, cleaned, sanded, and re-stained the wood a
beautiful red mahogany. The bellows is light tight. I used a vinyl
spray dye to change the shade of the bellows from the factory bright
red to a maroon to better complement the wood finish. I also replaced
the missing carrying handle with a new luggage-quality leather handle.

The lens is a Bausch and Lomb 8x10 Tessar Ic, 11-13/16-inch (300mm)
focal length, f4.5 to f45, in a Wollensak Betax Number 5 shutter
(speeds of T, B, 1/2, 1/5, 1/10, 1/25, and 1/50. Shutter works properly
at all speeds. Glass is very clean and clear for an optic this old. It
makes clear, sharp shots.