Re: digital question #3

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 08/02/04-11:08:47 PM Z

On Sun, 1 Aug 2004, Timo Sund wrote:

> ....Too many modern digitals are horror to
> operate even they were made by well known camera factories.

I'm finding that the operation per se of the Canon isn't the horror, in
fact if I stick to the system I've worked out, it's fine... The horror is
trying to follow the instructions -- or lack of instructions... which is
what's bugging me now with the "browser" or whatever they call it. I think
this may be a specialty of Canon, BTW -- I just replaced an old Canon
adding machine. The new one looked about the same, and since it fits on my
desk and leaves a paper trail (how people can use a calculator that
doesn't make a printout for them to check against their originals is one
of the many things I'll never understand) and not one of the others did a
printout, I bought it. Meanwhile, however, Canon had cleverly changed the
function of the keys while leaving them marked with the same symbols --
and neglected documentation except how to insert the paper roll (in 6 pt
type).

Wasn't that clever of them ?

J.