Imacon success at last - update and thanks

From: Catherine Rogers ^lt;crogers@optusnet.com.au>
Date: 08/04/04-12:39:43 AM Z

Hi All,

I know the subject of Imacon scanners has been chewed over and is rather
well worn but I felt that I owed it to the list to report that my Imacon
Flextight Photo scanner (and G5 + OSX 3 point something) is now ALL working.
Joy oh joy! Perhaps my dancing and singing with delight at having something
that really works can be heard on the other side of the world? I'm almost in
heaven!

It has been over 18 months now since I bought this expensive scanner, and I
confess that I still do not know how to operate it all that well yet, but
things are improving. With absolutely no thanks to the (sole) distributer
here in Australia who are the most unhelpful people on earth, but all thanks
to a little Mac dealer right down the road (I can't believe that help was so
close at hand) who persisted for several months, ringing Denmark and
sourcing the desired gizmo - it all works.

My original complaint, about which I wrote to the list seeking suggestions
last year, was easily fixed by the Mac mob down the road and simply involved
tightening a pulley or somesuch. I was assured that there wasn't much inside
a scanner anyway. Huh!Well, that's a computer geek for you. I can't believe
it was so easy after sending the machine back to the dealer 3 times with no
result. The local Mac mob also found a suitable SCSI to firewire connection
which is called 2nd Wave (written just like that). And voila! Thanks too to
all those who kindly made suggestions and also made me laugh when I didn't
feel like laughing.

Dust, schmust - (sorry Jack) - that's nothing - it works, it really works!
Actually, dust has not been much of a problem at all and I don't know why.
Maybe the goddesses have come good and I have paid my computer dues. Well,
that was until my PC laptop crashed at about the same time the Mac and
scanner was up and running - IBM wiped the hard disk and everything went out
the windoze 2000. I am trying XP now. Sigh.

Anyway, I am in digital heaven for the moment, but I fully understand that
this is only a temporary state.

cheers
Catherine