Re: some observations (and a question) regarding using the sun as a light source

From: David Barker ^lt;dbarker_ca@yahoo.com>
Date: 08/06/04-08:36:49 AM Z

Keith,

that's a tough one, because the spectrum changes
during the day and the emulsion will have a
characteristic absorption spectrum. So it's not just
total energy. It takes me ages to get development in a
salted print after 3-4pm here in texas, and the sun is
still bright. I'm sure it's because there's no UV in
the light. I'm sure the data are out there (in the
plant ecology literature maybe?), but you'd have to
match it to your process - have it broken down by
wavelength and only count the range that your emulsion
reacted to.

David Barker