Re: Gum dichromate issue

From: gdimase@hotmail.com
Date: 08/09/04-10:23:59 PM Z

Thanks Etienne,
No, I do not have problems with the registragion and I print on 16x20 canvas
size pictures of 14x11, I size the paper and I am on the limit of problems.
I do my threee negatives with Photoshop and I print full color confortably,
I am trying to learn and read more to avoid possible mistakes.
Most of my errors come from specific pictures so the proper negative is an
issue, sometimes I change the curve factor (on photoshop which is the
contrast in a conventional film) on the Red negative but again I am
guessing. Why? I read somewhere that it was the most important of the three
negatives. Why? Is the first I use to print, then I go with the Blue (Yellow
pigment) and I start guessing the solar exposure time and finally I do a
third guess with the magenta pigment to "see" the picture.
The other issue is the pigment, remember "pure colors" do not exist, how
should this be dealt or handle in reality?
Giovanni