RE: IS THIS TABOO? FW: PRICES FOR PT/PD PRINTS

From: Robert W. Schramm ^lt;schrammrus@hotmail.com>
Date: 08/18/04-09:04:44 PM Z

Bob,

    If you go to my web site SchrammStudio.com you can find out what I
charge for all my prints, platinium, crysotype, uranotype and deguerreotype.
The price is related to the size. I have been told that my prices are not
high enough but I am happy with them. I think the price also is related to
your location. Obviously I cannot charge the same price in West Virginia as
in New York City.

Best wishes,

Bob Schramm
Check out my web page at:

  http://www.SchrammStudio.com

&gt;From: Bob Kiss &lt;bobkiss@caribsurf.com&gt;
&gt;Reply-To: alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca
&gt;To: &quot;ALT PHO PROC.&quot; &lt;alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca&gt;
&gt;Subject: IS THIS TABOO? FW: PRICES FOR PT/PD PRINTS
&gt;Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 06:36:12 -0300
&gt;
&gt;DEAR LIST,
&gt; Have I committed a faux pas? Is it taboo to ask about pricing? So far
&gt;only Eric Neilsen has responded and I thank him for his help. As I am
not
&gt;in the U.S. I don't really have much information on what prices people
are
&gt;charging for their PT/PD prints in these sizes. I am only asking for
&gt;guidelines and any help would be greatly appreciated.
&gt; CHEERS!
&gt; BOB
&gt;
&gt;-----Original Message-----
&gt;From: Bob Kiss [mailto:bobkiss@caribsurf.com]
&gt;Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 2:02 PM
&gt;To: ALT PHO PROC.
&gt;Subject: PRICES FOR PT/PD PRINTS
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;DEAR LIST,
&gt; If this is too boring for list members, please feel free to e-mail me
off
&gt;list directly to bobkiss@caribsurf.com
&gt; I am estimating making some Pt/Pd prints of my fine art photos for a
hotel
&gt;here in Barbados. The prints will be of my own limited edition photos
so it
&gt;isn't just a print making cost but also a matter of selling my artwork,
as
&gt;it were. I plan to make scans and enlarged digital negs output on a
Image
&gt;Setter at 300 lpi. Would you help me by suggesting reasonable prices
for
&gt;the following size prints considering that they have just completed
totally
&gt;rebuilding the hotel at the cost of MANY millions? I don't want to over
&gt;price but I also know they have $$$. The price should include all costs
&gt;(scan, interneg, print, &quot;value of artwork&quot;, etc) Though I am
pretty well
&gt;known here I am not well known internationally as a fine art
photographer so
&gt;please take that into account.
&gt;
&gt;So here are the sizes:
&gt;
&gt;IMAGE SIZE on PAPER SIZE YOUR SUGGESTED PRICE
&gt;
&gt;16&quot; X 20&quot; on 20&quot; X 24&quot;
&gt;14&quot; X 22&quot; on 20&quot; X 26&quot;
&gt;11&quot; X 14&quot; on 16&quot; x 20&quot;
&gt;
&gt; Thanks in advance for this. I am coming up with prices but I have
no
&gt;idea if they are in the ballpark. This may be because they play cricket
&gt;here in Barbados and there aren't any ballparks which I can use for
&gt;comparison. ;-))
&gt; CHEERS!
&gt; BOB
&gt;