processes.....

From: Marie Wohadlo ^lt;mwohadlo@press.uchicago.edu>
Date: 08/19/04-10:48:50 AM Z

Does anyone else think it's weird, ironic, or otherwise unexpected --- that
the alt-photo list is as often concerned with digital processes as it is
with chemical and traditional ones? I mean, digital is HARDLY alternative now.
Who out there is doing Dags, and what sort of subjects, etc.? Is there an
audience today for them? I saw a show last year at the Art Institute of
Chicago and was blown away by them. I had never seen a Dag in person, only
reproductions in books, et al. The printing press can NEVER EVER do them
justice. I knew this, as I've worked in commercial and electronic printing
and publishing for years, but, damn! Awesome! THAT is what I want to make!
Any advice to a Dag newbie?