Re: Daguerreotypes reply from Bob

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias ^lt;jeffrey.d.mathias@att.net>
Date: 08/22/04-07:28:38 PM Z

Robert W. Schramm wrote:
> ... but I do want to defend my statement
> that one needs to be instructed by a master daguerreotypist. ...

This can be said of any process.
The point is a master can save one much time and unchanneled effort.
The master can also provide awareness of what the questions are.
The master's example provides a basis from which to grow.
Robert creates and produces the best dags I have ever seen.
If I wanted to make a daguerreotype, I would seek instruction from Robert.

Being the student has its responsibilities as well. Like doing exactly
as demonstrated until understood and mastered and only then consider
influencing with watchful consideration. A student must learn and
master technique, process, procedure and method.

A master knows when they have succeeded when their student teaches them.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/