Re: Daguerreotypes again

From: Jon Danforth ^lt;jdanforth@sc.rr.com>
Date: 08/23/04-09:13:47 AM Z

I think that the term has more to do with what happened to the people
making the hats than the people wearing them. Apparently, working with
felt that has been soaked in "copius amounts of merucry" is bad for you? :)
http://www.snopes.com/language/phrases/hatter.htm

I bet those hats looked bad-ass.

-Jon