Re: Sodium Bisulfite

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@bellsouth.net>
Date: 08/24/04-07:31:17 PM Z

Giovanni,
     If the print is not dried first, it is more tender. Once it is dry it
is hard to scratch or wreck. The clearing bath softens the gum enough to
make it susceptible to scratching or sloughing off..
     Yes, you can use sodium sulfite, from a 5%-10% solution. The reason
why potassium metabisulfite is recommended the most is it is very water
soluble and thus requires shorter wash times afterwards for archival
purposes--10 minutes as opposed to 20-30 or more.
Chris