Re: physical developers

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 08/25/04-01:27:16 AM Z

From: MARTINM <martinm@SoftHome.net>
Subject: Re: physical developers
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 08:34:59 +0200

> Yes, there was a Russian developer, introduced by Valery Petrov:
>
> SP-4
> sodium sulfite.................85 g
> hydroquinone.................8,9 g
> potassium hydroxide.....7,2 g
> phenidone......................0,3 g
> ammonium thiocyanate..22 g
> water...................................1L
>
> Development time is 5 - 10 seconds!

While this solution is fully capable of chemical development (if it
makes imagewise development... not just fog...) how can you argue that
this is a physical developer? Well, I can see one way that is
possible, but still the mechanism is very different from Lumiere and
Seyewetz's developer or other classic ones. This SP-4 seems like a
developer that develops developable grains by means of chemical
development, and then grow the developed grains at the cost of
undeveloped grains, but I wouldn't put it in the same class as others.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"You have to realize that junk is not the problem in and of itself.