Re: Yellow pigment stain: (Was: Re: Sodium Bisulfite

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 08/25/04-09:22:49 AM Z

gdimase@hotmail.com wrote:

> Yes, I always use 2 grms of pigment with 6 cc of gum arabic and 6 cc of
> potassium dichromate and everything came from the same bottle and the same
> tube.

Then I'd agree with Judy that the pigment stain may be related to
sizing. But I hope you don't mean that you always use the same amount of
pigment even with different pigments; doing that will give you very
uneven results. The amount of pigment should be adjusted for the
particular pigment, as different pigments (and different brands of the
same pigment) vary widely in pigment strength and in how much pigment
there is in the tube.
Katharine