Re: glyoxal testing anyone?

From: mmatusz@pdq.net
Date: 08/27/04-02:38:47 PM Z

Chris,
I've heard a couple of times that the ratio of glyoxal to gelatine (I
guess for mixing them together) makes a difference in terms of yellowing.
I have not come across a standard mix, everybody has their own favorite. I
have used different concentrations of both gelatine and glyoxal in the
past, but I could not tell if it made a difference, mostly because I don't
keep old seized papers around. Since you are already investigating so many
variable it would be nice to add this to your study as well.
Marek Matusz