Re: glyoxal testing anyone?

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 08/27/04-03:00:47 PM Z

From: Ender100@aol.com
Subject: Re: glyoxal testing anyone?
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:31:15 -0400 (EDT)

> You have left out two of the most extreme tests$,1rt(B
>
> 1. The floor of my bedroom closet
> 2. My refrigerator

Because glyoxal fumes will kill your moths and save your 4-week-old
mac-n-cheese from growing mold? I think you've been reading a lot
on sulfites...

By the way, a classic way to wash and neutralize excess aldehyde
hardening agent is to immerse the material in sulfite/bisulfite bath
similar to washing aid. For example, check out Forst (1972)
U.S. Patent 3,634,081 on improving rapid reversal processing. He used
glutaraldehyde hardening bath after stop bath, then removed the
excess. If excess hardener is not removed, some color couplers are
affected and lowers Dmax and lose color balance. Today, I think films
are hardened very much during manufacturing so I think that invention
is of little use now, but this community probably may find it useful.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"You have to realize that junk is not the problem in and of itself.