Re: Agfa Quitting Film Business

From: Richard Knoppow ^lt;dickburk@ix.netcom.com>
Date: 08/30/04-09:38:58 PM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "steves" <sgshiya@redshift.com>
To: <sean@ecurb.net>; <alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2004 7:57 PM
Subject: Re: Agfa Quitting Film Business

> You mean, do you infer, are you suggesting Bostic and
Sullivan, like Sierra
> Nevada that bought the old Lowenbrov vats; that B&S
actually BUY the Agfa
> manufacturing equipment and Make something out of this?
>
> S.

we all hope you
> > are):
> >
> > We can all hope that Dick @ B&S scoops up their film
manufacturing
> equipment
> > and keeps the faith alive. I have just started working
in photogravure and
> > am frightened by the prospect of another LF film
supplier drying up.

> > Taking a deep breath...
> >
> > Sean

   Knowing Dick Sullivan I suspect he could make a going
concern of Agfa's film division. Do we have any rich
billionairs among us who could (and would) finance such a
venture? Unfortunately, my enormous fortune is mostly tied
up in rent and food.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA