OT: Printers: Epson C84 or C86

From: Barbara Izzo ^lt;bi3@georgetown.edu>
Date: 08/31/04-07:35:18 AM Z

I missed out on Christina's great bargain on the C84 in the spring but need to buy one now. Can anyone tell me the difference between the C84 and the C86? Specifications seem to be the same except for box contents the C84 says it contains "printer documentation" while the C86 lists "CDRom containing printer software". Is one chipped and the other not?

An even more off topic question: My old Lexmark or IBM 4070IJ has just quit working. The AC adapter gets warm when plugged in but the printer will not turn on (no lights go on, no sound, nothing). Is this likely to be a problem with the adapter or with the printer itself? Does anyone still make a SMALL printer (mine is 12 x 8 1/4 x 1 3/4") (just black ink if fine.)?

Sorry for the off topic question, reply off list. Suzanne