Re: Digital Negs - RGB vs CMYK

From: Dave Soemarko ^lt;fotodave@dsoemarko.us>
Date: 12/02/04-09:07:20 PM Z

It is all just terminologies and it can be sometimes confusing. With CMY, C
prints C, M prints M, and Y prints Y.

With RGB, it is the inverse because what they mean is using the negative of
R, negative of G, and negative of B, which is C, M, and Y, respectively.

Some other confusions too, you might come across some old books where the
author uses red to mean magenta and blue to mean cyan. Usually these come
from non-printer type artists but not always the case. They usually picked
red color that was actually closer to magenta and blue that was closer to
cyan.

And if you are reading painting books, most of the time they don't talk
about CMY. The painters call our cyan blue or sky blue, our magenta purple,
our blue violet, our red orange, etc.

Dave S