RE: RGB vs CMYK: some experiments

From: Keith Gerling ^lt;Keith@gumphoto.com>
Date: 12/03/04-09:53:46 AM Z

Nice work Jason. If you get an opportunity, check out the differences
between UCR and GCR in CMYK.

I've done similar "virtual prints" with my separation negs and have found it
to be rather helpful at times. Perhaps it is because I am a bad
photographer AND a bad gum printer, but the gum prints never turn out like
the ones on the screen. Which is not to say that I can't achieve photo
realistic results, but that the screen versions have to have a "hyperreal"
look.

PS. What is even more interesting is to do actual scans of the final b/w
negs and "re-assemble" them in Photoshop. The results are often surprising.

Keith