gum development

From: mmatusz@pdq.net
Date: 12/06/04-09:14:26 AM Z

All,
To take a break from all the RGB/CMY discussion I have a question to all
experienced gum printers (and others that just like to experiment). I
would like to develop my gums to a crisp white. I sieze my papers, so I
don't get any stain, but there is usually a very thin vail of color left.
I can rub it off with my finger, or a brush, but this is very crude. I
have been using a shower head to clear the highlights, but that tends to
leave a grainy look. I am wondering if others have tried other methods of
"forced" development, like maybe sawdust, or even sand in the tray. Any
chemical means to accomplish that?
Marek Matusz