Mounting RC and Fiber prints on masonite

From: wsu@daytondigital.com
Date: 12/09/04-12:19:27 AM Z

Hey all, I've been "lurking" for some time. Glad to
"come out". Anyway, I'm wondering if store bought
masonite (the common brown stuff) is okay for archival
mounting. I keep hearing about untempered masonite as
the stuff to mount with. The brown stuff at the
hardware store is tempered I believe. Also, (perhaps a
manifestation of the same problem/question) my
mounting tissues aren't sticking to the masonite
unless I get things way-hot. The reason I'm here with
you is because I just scorched/reticulated an RC print
by getting things too hot (the tissue did stick!). ANY
ADVICE ON BETTER TISSUE or MASONITE? Cheers, jl

=====
Life is like body surfing. Rarely can one catch good waves on every try. We watch as some good waves pass and we jump for some bad ones. With time however, we jump at just the right wave and ride it all the way to the beach, only to celebrate, and swim back out to wait for another. Fear not when you let a good wave pass or when you ride a bad one. Swim back out. It is always nice to be in the ocean.

You can always find Joe Lutz' and Joey London's current contact information by pointing your browser to daytondigital.com or joeylondon.com