RE: And Speaking of Stinky Paper

From: Schuyler Grace ^lt;schuyler@bellsouth.net>
Date: 12/14/04-09:48:24 AM Z

I'm sorry, Bill, but that wasn't my intention at all. I was making
reference to a piece of artwork (a multimedia painting) that upset many
folks because it used elephant dung as one of its media in depicting the
Virgin Mary. While I don't have anything to say, one way or another, about
either the artist's motives or her (I believe) work, I was making a comment
about people suppressing art/speech they don't like or don't understand. As
with every other aspect of my life, I'm a live-and-let-live sort of fellow,
and I neither begrudge anyone their religion (or lack thereof) nor try to
convert them to my beliefs.

I apologize if anyone misinterpreted my statement and was offended.

-Schuyler