Re: Art rep or not to art rep?

From: SteveS ^lt;sgshiya@redshift.com>
Date: 12/17/04-04:25:40 PM Z

Well, the first thing that comes to mind is if you have been approached or
are you thinking of going out to look for a rep.

Then, with a rep. there is a contract or written agreement. That would be
the time to delineate control over your product.

When I ran a Carmel based photo gallery, we insisted upon exclusivity. At
least in the region of the west coast. Some photographers were already
represented in Oregon, and objected to that exclusivity. We waived that
part of our definition of the region, but insisted it include the L.A. area.

With some exceptions, we waived that, too.

Control? What kind of control do you most fear?

S. Shapiro, Carmel, CA