RE: Off topic: Questions regarding Epson 2200 ink carts

From: Baird, Darryl ^lt;dbaird@umflint.edu>
Date: 12/18/04-09:40:11 AM Z

Don,

Sorry for slight ambiguity, the printer will stop when it is TRULY out
of ink, but the light will blink quite a while before this actually
happens. When out, the light remains on, no longer blinking. This is
when we change the carts.

I thought the idea of have a printer open and exposed to air sounded
dangerous too. But my rep said that RIT had gone to this system. We
haven't as yet, but I'd assume with such a large (and respected)
school the idea must have valid legs. I think I'll post a question on
the digital B&W list (yahoo) and get some collaboration.

-Darryl