Re: CMYK separations: a correction

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 12/18/04-07:30:31 AM Z

Further explanation:
The thing is that I save my images, once I've used them to make
negatives from, as inverted RGB, and apparently in my experiments with
CMYK separations, I didn't always remember to invert the image back to
positive RGB before converting it to CMYK. To get the correct
separations, my workflow has to go: invert my CMY negative back to
positive RGB, convert to CMYK, then invert again before making
separations. But sometimes I forgot and just sent the inverted file to
CMYK and made separations from that, and that's apparently when I got
the wrong separations, at least that's how I've replicated getting bad
separations today. So you guys were absolutely right: it was in the
workflow. What's interesting is that rather than an inversion, what you
get is a perversion of the correct separations,
Thanks,
Katharine