Re: inkjet negative density with Epson 2200 printer

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 12/28/04-12:20:31 PM Z

Hi Sandy,

I think the original issue was whether or not the Color Density Range Palette
(CDRP) would provide sufficient density with processes involving very long
exposure scales, such as "Salt prints, Van Dyke, & Albumen" and the issue was
not directed to Platinum & Palladium or most other processes, for which there is
more than sufficient density in the standard Color Density Range Palette.
The other related issue I believe is that these three processes do not offer a
means of contrast control, which would allow you to shorten the exposure scale
just a bit to achieve perfect results with the CDRP.

At this point, I would recommend the fix that you and Sam worked out as a
good approach when the other means fail to achieve enough ink/negative density.
This is providing, of course that the Standard Printing Time is accurate and
not set greater than it should be—this would very easily cause a failure to
achieve paper white or near paper white.

Mark Nelson
Purchase the eBook & System for Your Own Custom Workflow@
Precision Digital Negatives
PDN's Own 31-Step Tablet Now Available—produced by Stouffer Industries
Credit Card & Paypal now accepted
www.MarkINelsonPhoto.com
Workshop info on Home Page