inkjet negative density with Epson 2200 printer

From: Mike Klemmer ^lt;mklemmer@comcast.net>
Date: 12/27/04-11:05:06 AM Z

Greetings all,

While calibrating my curve for kallitype printing I noticed that it was nearly impossible to achieve a pure black without degrading the pure whites at the same time because light was still transmitting through the 100% black square on the step tab. I am currently using a non-colorized (B&W) negative with the 2200 matte paper profile on Pictorico OHP film. What can be done to improve the ink density on the negative to allow for pure whites on the print?

Michael Klemmer