Re: Susan Sontag

From: SteveS ^lt;sgshiya@redshift.com>
Date: 12/29/04-01:37:19 PM Z

No problem on my end, either, Trevor. We learn from reactions like yours.

The idea of European thinking is a truism. Since the Greek word 'academy'
means 'garden of scholars' it has become a type of thought, or structure of
ideas.

In the 1970's at the International Conference for University Presidents, the
third world countries' presidents opened the meeting by asking: What if we
taught without the typical Greek structure?

The ideas in catagorical description do not raise cause for chauvenistic
preference, but as a category for identification. Just something scholars
do, and is misinterpreted by consumer type folks. One more trap to cause us
to reflect on those millions we all have spent on our higher educations.

We all learn from friends. :)

S.