Re: And how sharp I am was/Re: Temperaprint & Gum

From: Pam Niedermayer ^lt;pam@pinehill.com>
Date: 02/01/04-08:49:32 AM Z

Judy, I don't see how anyone here seriously could think otherwise, could
seriously disagree with you. It would be analogous to saying that
because paint can be used to portray very close to reality, to do
otherwise would be ridiculous, a travesty; therefore negating
impressionism, abstract expressionism, cubism, etc. Or the converse.
Beautiful, important works can be done with any medium; and that
anything that can be done within a medium is at least a valid (not
necessarily good or art or interesting) point of view by the person
doing it. For anyone to say that everyone must do as they do to be
branded with the art label is absurd.

Pam