Re: Some temperaprint questions - beware! these are dummy,beginners questions

From: Dave Soemarko ^lt;fotodave@dsoemarko.us>
Date: 02/04/04-11:12:07 AM Z

> I remember our interchange very well most enjoyable.

Hi Pete,

Yes, and thanks for your help too. I don't know if I ever mentioned it, but
that image that I got on my 3rd trial was the first image I have ever done
with alt. process. It was such a joy when I saw that first image (although
it was just a small 35mm image). :-)

> > 3. To coat using the foam roller, you should roll in the "emulsion" and
then
> > roll on a piece of glass or tile, like you would do the inking in
> > printmkaing; and then from the glass/tile, you roll to the yupo or RC
paper.
> > That way you get a really thin and even layer or coating.
>

> I have never advised this proceedure this is down to you Dave.
> Having said that what a good idea. I have developed and used a smilar
method
> for inking up Bromoil and oil prints, but that was another process another
> time.

Really!? But for some reason I did that on my intial trials on temperaprint!
Maybe my memory is fading, but I thought even asked you about it because I
didn't understand the instruction. I know you didn't mention printmaking,
but didn't you describe smoothing the emulsion up on a piece of tile or
something like that? How else do you do it? Do you just dip the foam roller
in the emulsion and then coat?

Best Regards,
Dave S