Re: Some temperaprint questions - beware! these are dummy,beginners questions

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@yahoo.com>
Date: 02/04/04-04:09:45 PM Z

Thanks, it may look nice (especially for the first timer like me) but it
smells bad also. God, especially when you open frame to get the newly
exposed (tepid due to heat from the lamps) print... can't describe enough,
one must feel it ;) I like the 3d qualities of the image (seeing the first
time a colloid-dichromate print) when you look at it under oblique light.

I definitely have to refine my coating technique (and maybe change the
substrate and tools) and I also have to find a better pigment (the
winsor-newton galeria burnt umber simply refuses to completely dissolve -
pure iron-oxide). The process is indeed quick: I managed to make these two
coats in less than an hour.

Prepare yourself for more questions ;) - as soon as I advance some.

Regards,
Loris.

P.S. Answers from both the "inventor" and "practitioners" are welcome and
appreciated.