Re: Some temperaprint questions - beware! these are dummy,beginners questions

From: pete ^lt;temperaprint@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: 02/05/04-06:29:06 AM Z

Pete

Splendid the dog can now see the rabbit.

Your first print looks just as it should !! maybe slightly thin but this is
proberly due to the fact that you are using the back side of the RC
paper.Which has no surface texture and therefore tends to print slightly
lighter than Yupo but at this stage it is of no matter.

> Hi again,

 I discovered that if I continue to coat very lightly I can
> slowly get rid of the bubbles and coat quite smoothly.

There is a knack to rolling which will come with time.

 One other thing to
> learn was to keep the working environment as clean as possible; every flying
> thing, dust, hair ect. gets sticked to the emulsion - according to Murphy's
> laws ;)

Again don't worry to much about this. As you continue to print the offending
debris will just get lost in the print the process is self healing. If you
get big bits just prick them out with the point of a scalpel.

 I also learned that foam brushes are very emulsion-hungry because I
> run out of STEM (made of one whole egg)

Don't be a cheap skate with your materials remember your time is the real
cost

Well done Loris,

Pete