Re: Some temperaprint questions - beware! these are dummy,beginners questions

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@yahoo.com>
Date: 02/04/04-01:48:08 PM Z

Hi again,

----- Original Message -----
From: "pete" <temperaprint@blueyonder.co.uk>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 5:29 PM
Subject: Re: Some temperaprint questions - beware! these are dummy,beginners
questions

> . I will return to you as soon as I get
> > these and make my first real try.
>

> Please do
>

> Pete

After your and Dave's messages I couldn't resist and made another trial. I
followed Dave's coating instructions - it helped much. I tried the back side
of the RC paper. I discovered that if I continue to coat very lightly I can
slowly get rid of the bubbles and coat quite smoothly. One other thing to
learn was to keep the working environment as clean as possible; every flying
thing, dust, hair ect. gets sticked to the emulsion - according to Murphy's
laws ;) I also learned that foam brushes are very emulsion-hungry because I
run out of STEM (made of one whole egg) just after the second coat (actually
I could make another one but didn't to do so because in the remainder there
was too much undissolved pigment particles). I developed by agitating in
water and change it twice then roll a foam brush over the image evenly
(while it was still under water) until the highlights clear. Anyway, the
result is promising considering it was the first trial:

http://web.ttnet.net.tr/lorism/temperaprint-2ndcoat.jpg
(Remember this is only two coatings, will continue and finish the print)

The original image can be found @
http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=2080653&size=lg

Regards,
Loris.