Re: Quadtone Inks & Digital Negatives

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 02/06/04-12:32:35 AM Z

Joe,

I'm not sure I understand your post correctly, Your highlights are printing
too dark and your shadows are not printing with enough density? At first it
sounded like you might be over exposing, but I'm not sure based on your
comments. Are you able to get maximum black but your highlights are too dark?

I think the confusion for me is that in your second paragraph and in your
last paragraph it is not clear to my pea-brain when you are referring to your
negative and when you are referring to your print.

Are you printing a Stouffer or other standard stepwedge along side the
digital negative? If so, what step gives you paper white and are any of the lower
steps—1,2,3 etc merging?

Are you pre-soaking the Stonehenge in Oxalic Acid before printing?

Mark Nelson