Re: Quadtone Inks & Digital Negatives

From: Kees Brandenburg ^lt;ctb@zeelandnet.nl>
Date: 02/06/04-03:19:13 AM Z

I found some left over Pictorico and printed grey scales yesterday.
This morning I measured densities.

These are maximum densities I get with MIS Ultratone pigment based inks:

Pictorico Dmax = 2.38
Agfa CopyJet Dmax = 2.30

No black ink smearing. Scratch resistance is rather good - with
normal negative precaution during printing.

Cone editions will support your canon printer too with the new ICC
based PiezographyBW system I think. So that maybe a way to go.

Did you try Dan Burkholders spectral density approach with the canon
color inks (colorize your negative so that the color blocks UV )?

Kees