Re: Pictorialism Exhibition Opportunity

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 02/06/04-02:18:41 PM Z

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply. I was a member of this organization for
several years and published an article in its journal on the Spanish
Pictorialist Jose Ortiz-Echague, when the editor was Russ Young. In
fact, I think I may even have been some kind of officer in the
organization just before it became inactive.

I wish you well in your work with the organization. Other the
exhibition, what others ways do you envision promoting Pictorialism?

Just curious if the organization has any kind of statement that
describes what the term "Pictorial" means, and what it includes and
excludes? If so I wonder if you might might share the statement with
us. As someone who has spent a lot of time studying and writing about
Pictorialism I for one would be most interested in an exchange of
ideas on the subject.

Sandy King