Albumen Printing... Questions of my own.

From: David J. Greiner Jr. ^lt;godlike@elp.rr.com>
Date: 02/08/04-09:45:55 PM Z

Hello all,

My experiences thus far with albumen have been small. I've tried it a
few times, simply because most recipes I found recommended a 12%
solution, which is the same strength used in the vandyke formula I'm
using. I first tried brushing the solution on and the results were
great, so I've never bothered with tray sensitizing. Most instructions
seem to either recommend one or the other, without any explanation of
the difference. So I guess my first question would be, other than
evenness of the coating, is their any other differences between the
coating methods? My only other question at the immediate moment is how
long does paper coated with album (but not sensitized) last?

Thanks,

   -David-