Re: Chrome Alum Gelatin hardener

From: Kate Mahoney ^lt;kateb@paradise.net.nz>
Date: 02/10/04-12:04:52 AM Z

Its not so much that I can't find glutaraldehyde as they won't give it to
me!!! I'm used to being patronised (blonde) but it really gets under my skin
when people assume that an art photographer is less reliable with dangerous
substances than a chemist - especially when one is nearly 50! And then -
they hand you a bottle of formaldehyde???????????? Go figure.....

I would use selenium on the shoe because I'm not sure of the effect of the
sepia bleach on leather......on rereading this I see you didn't ever have a
pair of WHITE suede shoes - thank goodness!

cheers
Kate