Re: What about 1200x1200dpi laser printers for digital negatives?

From: Kate Mahoney ^lt;kateb@paradise.net.nz>
Date: 02/10/04-02:46:28 PM Z

O.K, no problems. I had great difficulty with hi-res silver prints when I
tried inkjet on transparency medium....dot structure was really apparent in
silver. I also tried re-photographing inkjet prints onto conventional film -
enlargements showed the dot structure quite plaintly, and I found this very
ugly. However, I've messed about with some of the Photoshop filters - add
noise, add grain, and they can obscure the dot structure quite a lot. I feel
that for hi-res work in silver based emulsions, conventional negs are still
the best for me, as I can't afford a top quality printer as yet.

Kate.