RE: Oiled Digital Neg + Cyanotype = Simplest Method For A Beginne r ?!? [ HELP! :)]

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 02/12/04-11:33:52 PM Z

> I have printed cyanos using paper and inkjet negs coated with olive oil

Of several different oils I liked canola oil best -- didn't get rancid &
didn't smell. The mineral oil I tried (I suppose there are different ones)
left a residue of some sort... and castor oil didn't translucentize as
well. Linseed oil is a drying oil, and also darkens in time, so NG on
both counts.

I used to iron the paper & rub a stick of parrafin on it to melt, but I
found with a serious negative (as opposed to xeroxes) it's EXTREMELY hard
to get the parrafin even -- it mottles. Oil is always even.

J.