Re: CMOS vs CCD digital

From: Richard Urmonas ^lt;rurmonas@tpg.com.au>
Date: 02/13/04-03:58:20 PM Z

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 07:19 am, vision4sounds@t-online.de wrote:

> - images are clear, free of digital noise, free of
> negative dust and damages and in terms of sharpness and
> resolution more than compareable to high class medium
> formate shots

I find the 1Ds (well any digital camera) to be very much lacking in the fine
detail that film provides. In my opinion the 1Ds is not even able to match
well shot 35mm film. Of course these sorts of comparisons depend on
what type of photography one is doing. However my impression is that
digital still has some way to go to replace the fine detail of film.

Richard

---
Richard Urmonas