Re: Polymer Plate 80% screen Weirdness

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 02/16/04-09:27:16 AM Z

I'm not sure what it looks like—dusting talc reminds me of the problem with
scanning negatives where talc or mounting fluid is used to avoid Newton's
rings. Here is a website showing the effect:
http://physics.ucsd.edu/was-sdphul/labs/demos/optics/NEWTRNGS.html

It does indeed look very much like a mark made by a water drop....this is
probably the culprit.

The Newton's Rings effect would also be exacerbated by uneven pressure on the
negative/plate contact area—which could be due to eneven pressure of the
vacuum table membrane beneath the two.

So, get out your old can of baby powder....

Hope this helps.

Mark Nelson